Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The consummate pro and all stars

Good news out of Foxboro: Troy Brown will be returning to the Patriots for a 15th season. When the Patriots signed WRs Donte Stallworth, Kelly Washington, Wes Welker, and traded for Randy Moss, I was worried there wouldn't be a spot for Troy. I love that guy, he always comes up big when it matters most. Just ask San Diego. So happy he'll be back.

There will be plenty of Sox watchin' at tonight's All Star game. The team sends a league-leading six players to the midsummer classic: 1B David Ortiz, OF Manny Ramirez, 3B Mike Lowell, SP Josh Beckett, RP Hideki Okajima, and CP Jonathan Papelbon. I don't know if I'm happier for Lowell or Okajima, they've both been pleasant surprises. I knew Lowell was good, but All Star good? Damn right. And it's a good thing the Sox paid so much for Dice-K, their All Star set up man needs a compadre.

No comments: